27 December 2015

0011 | The Boss's Boss (a warranted apology)

Once upon a time in another blog--www.billytakesthesouth.blogspot.com--I made a big fuss and ruckus about unwarranted apologies and how I was done with all that and was living my life and speaking my truth and yada yada blah blah blah.

It's not that the rant doesn't still hold, but this morning I have a fully warranted apology to work. Last night Ben and I had dinner with our boss's boss. And his lovely wife. And we stayed over at his guest house. And we're going hiking with him today. And we listened to each other's bands. And we talked for hours and hours about cool ideas and work and cool ideas about work. And I called a colleague a dick. And I woke up with a stone in my belly about it. 

True or not, that's not really the point. The point is that I used my powers for evil instead of good, and I woke up feeling in my gut that I have been unfair and graceless, neither of which are qualities I want to develop in myself. 

I will, of course, take this apology with me to breakfast, hopefully better crafted during a vigorous tooth-scrubbing and my daily morning chat with Ben. 

This is such a series of joys and embarrassments that is me growing up after a lifetime of childhood. Some people have parents for this. For the sake of the world at large, I sure hope your kids do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts.