30 October 2015

0007 | New job = new corporate bio!

I just started my first week at a new consulting job. It's been a year since I have set foot in an office, and I can't say I love it. What a bundle of bad habits, unchecked impulses, and imbalance most people are. I may start sitting on a tack just to remember to keep breathing--corporate is not the healthiest of environments. However, I crave engagement, and this is engagement at a fairly high level. I enjoy that. Sitting on a tack will only work for so long, though. Like any human, I will grow accustomed to any amount of chronic discomfort if I don't pay attention.

First silly task: write my own bio for my introduction to the team. Like a fresh tack in the keister. Here we go, corporate America. I'm ready for you this time. Let's not fight... I'm so far beyond that now. Besides, I'm killin' it in the pencil skirts.


I’m delighted to join the K2 Services Organization as a Business Analyst. With a background in the fashion retail and health & wellness industries, I come to the team with experience in national merchandising and supply chain, enterprise business analysis, and multi-channel business process architecture, as well as an incurable inquisitiveness and a strong predisposition to excellent and meaningful work, fearless engagement, and a general insistence on things making sense. My mission in life is to increase joy, decrease suffering, and learn incessantly. I live with Ben Hillman, my wild-maned husband, in the Sonoran desert, where we write, stitch, hammer, contemplate, photograph, and pickle things, and collectively lose more hair in a single day than you have on your entire head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts.